miércoles, 8 de junio de 2011

Thief Of The Hidden Treasure de Anne Pogoda

September 2010


NEW coloring style PAINTING VIDEOS: http://livestre.am/i84L | http://livestre.am/i8qO

I got this finished not completely 'just in time', but it's finished now, ten years after I discovered my first comic featuring Lara Croft the Tomb Raider and thief of hidden treasures, the art inside was drawn by Andy Park and awesomely colored by J.D. Smith.

This made me all go love for the american comic style and got me into drawing humans. I was always fascinated by the way those comics were colored, but from this day on it would take me years to discover how I could do something like this myself and to find out that I might want to do this for a living.

Also, some years ago I kinda ran into Andy and we had some chats about digital painting and such. By this time I also asked for permission to put hands on some of his pieces. I also got a Wicked cover stored on my HD that he drew - no clue when I will finish it since commissioned work keeps interrupting me from personal stuff.

For this one I tried out a new technique, working on the basic coloring with Painter first to create some texture, then taking the whole thing into Photoshop and working it over heavily with dodge and burn (Iiiih, lol! ).

Last but not least I picked a fuzzy brush to add some final detail 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario