jueves, 13 de octubre de 2011

Syllia's dream de Dianae (Diane Özdamar)


Syllia's dream
Photoshop
December 2009
Hi there !
I know I've been away for quite a looong time… actually for almost one year.
I went through some pretty hard life times but things got better and I've finally been able to paint again last month 
So… here's the result : a painting which is meant to be used as posters and flyer backgrounds for my alternative metal band.
It is not as realistic as the first Syllia painting since I wanted to go for a more graphical look, something a bit less "fantasy" and more dynamic.
I was in a hurry when I painted this one so some parts may look rushed but I spent quite a long time on the body and bubbles (these almost killed me !), I'd say almost 35 hours went into the painting process. I guess I've never enjoyed painting so much as it meant a lot to me to be able to paint again 
References used for the body (several ugly grainy snapshots taken with an old cheap 2megapixels camera, self timer mode -_-') and I also googled several images to understand how reflection, light and colours worked on soap bubbles.
Here's a crappy-looking WIP step
Here's where it has already been used : Syllia's myspace (I had not finished the nails and ribbons yet when I made our myspace layout and flyers, I may change these soon)
Textures from cgtextures.com + an old shot of my old mouldy shower curtains ^^
Photoshop CS3
Wacom intuos 3A4
Thanks a lot for looking =)
Have a wonderful day everybody !


Fuente CGSociety 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario