sábado, 25 de febrero de 2012

Reunion de DarkTownArt (Anne Pogoda)

Reunion
Painter, Photoshop
January 2009



I was asked to do a big fantasy painting for Painter Magazine issue 25. I did not often illustrate couples, eg. paintings that feature more than one person in the past so this was quite a challenge. And therefore this tutorial is for advanced users. You will see that once you want to illustrate more than one person the whole thing becomes quite challenging. That explains why many artists only illustrate one figure.
The workshop is about storytelling, e.g. iconography so I decided to focus on the relationship of the figures and which questions this creates. I also had to include two key elements which are a key and a map. To that I added colors, roses, roots and a castle.
Because all of my Painter Mag workshops include parts that show how to work with stock photos, I went into the forest some time in November, as the project was assigned and took several photos of trees and leaves. Such photos were used to create a base for the leaves and bushes that you can see here. Red blobs, such as for the roses were then painted on top. The stock photos that I created for that painting can be found on the disk of the magazine from where you can take them and use them to experiment on your own paintings.
I also featured two outsourced stock photos for texture. The key I sadly can't find anymore so if someone knows who took it please let me know!
The map is from night-fate-stock [link] who was properly credited in the magazine, too.
I also suggested people galleries of now-a-day artists who like to paint couples/ several figures in one painting. So I recommended Jean Tay as an example. On top of that I had a look at Marta's work once again since she is pretty good with dramatic scenes and amazing dresses. But this was just to keep my quality high and nothing in particular.
This painting also includes a little joke since the guy might remind some of you pretty much of Devil Jin. For others he might just be some sort of demonic knight? Or so... The orange dress was designed for Melanie Delon. Since she also did a painting of me, so I owed her this since too long already...
Blahblahblah - As you can see I have done my best to credit and mention everything properly for this very time consuming work. If you find that I have forgot something this wasn't on purpose. Please be so nice to let me know. Thank you. 

Fuente CGSOCIETY 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario