jueves, 28 de julio de 2011

Blood elf by zman (Ziv Qual)

Blood elf
3ds max, mental ray, Photoshop
August 2006



After half a year of no free-time personal projects, I run across a sketch of a blood elf from Blizzard's game and was flooded with inspiration. I've decided to make my own version of it.
I've started with a basic body model which I previusly had, and modeled the base robe over it, I then modeled all the armor parts on top of it. All I can briefly say is that the SHELL modifier was very helpfull here
The hair is max's hair and I am pretty happy with the result, too bad the effect ended up hiding the best parts of it ...
I used mental ray to render, tho' I didnt really use any of "advanced" feature 'xcpt for maybe ambient occlusion.
I rendered many many different passes and put it all togheter with photoshop.
I've decided to make this in print resolution in case it might get into a Ballistic book so there are lots of small details there
Here's a closer look at the face -
http://zivcg.com/BE_close.jpg


Fuente CGSOCIETY

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario