jueves, 15 de septiembre de 2011

Arte Digital de Dianae (Diane Özdamar)

Syllia's Nightmare
Photoshop
February 2010
3rd artwork of the series for my metal band, Syllia…
This one has been used as background for flyers, posters and also as our demo cover.
Previous ones can be seen in my gallery.
If you want to listen to our songs, here's our myspace and here's our website.
Also, we'll be on stage the 13th of february so if you're in Paris, don't hesitate to come support us 
Now let's talk about some technical stuff : 
Photoshop CS3
25 or 30hours
wacom intuos 3 A4
a very small and crappy shot of my face taken with Photobooth as a reference. Click here to view it.
I googled some jellies as references for their main shape 
Watersplash is heavily referenced from many google images as I wanted to make it look as real as I could. 
Personal waterdrop custom brushes used as I was in a hurry when I painted this (I had to finish it within 2 days… needless to say I didn't sleep a lot).
This watersplash has been the most time consuming part of the painting, actually. I added rust texture from cgtextures.com using layer blending mode (one rust layer, soft light blending mode) to make it look more real. 
Then, I added some more rust texture on the top of the whole picture which looked too clean for my taste.
Symbolism is up to you, I have mine, which I followed when I painted this, but the band members also had theirs which were a bit different from mine… so I'll let you figure out.
Her face was intended to look very peaceful and fragile against these tentacles / jellies and watersplash (rather oppressive environnment) to add some more contrast and a feeling of hope to the whole picture.
WIP step showing the first concept (flat lighting, butterflies were also too "cliché" and not surreal enough.
Thanks a lot for viewing! 
C&C are much appreciated!




Nimue
Photoshop
January 2009
HAPPY NEW YEAR ! 
Nimue, the Lady of the Lake
A personal version of this character from the Arthurian Legends.
I've been sick all night so I couldn't do anything but to stay at home for the New Year's Eve… I felt so frustrated that I spent all my night painting something personal (I had not done this for quite a long time ^^' )
This is also a pretext to try some new custom brushes I made and to experiment with abstract + "realism"
Photoshop CS3
7 or 8 hours
No reference used

Inspired by Ewa Karpinska, Gustav Klimt and Odilon Redon art. 
If you don't know Ewa Karpinska, you should really check her artworks out ! She's an amazing painter who has a very unique way to use watercolours (she's also my boyfriend's mother so I've had the honour to see her paintings in real life, which really inspired me) 

Brushes used for this painting please credit me in the description if you use them, these are for photoshop CS3

Wallpaper pack (many resolutions)


Miranda and the Tiger's Eye
Photoshop
December 2008
 

This is the cover illustration for "Miranda and the Tiger's Eye" by author Sara Beacham. 

This is a novel for children (8 - 12 years or age) which would greatly be appreciated by fans of Harry Potter, The Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, and the Spiderwick Chronicles.

Book Cover, front
Press Release

Photoshop CS3
45 hours approximately
References provided by Robin Beacham (the author's daughter).
Some textures from CGTextures

I was given total freedom for the background (it had to be jungle themed), but I had to follow my customer's sketch for the characters (their poses would have been different if it were up to me).
Please note that I didn't make the cover design, only the illustration ! 

Thanks a lot for looking 


Fuente CGSociety 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario